We are always looking for high calibre private client lawyers or other qualified professionals with a strong academic background who would like to specialise in estate and personal tax planning.
We are also interested in receiving applications from lawyers specialising in estate and trust litigation.
We regret that we are unable to offer training contracts at present.
No agencies please.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a trust manager to join our busy Private Client Practice.
The role will involve working with a multi-disciplinary team including tax specialists and solicitors to assist in the management and compliance affairs of various trusts.
We are looking to recruit a permanent trust manager to take on a mixed portfolio of trusts. This is primarily a compliance based role that will follow the normal tax compliance calendar and will involve managing a caseload under the supervision of the partners. The ideal candidate would have strong attention to detail, technical expertise and be able to take ownership of the role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the annual trust accounts and tax return compliance using CCH Tax software
- Providing written advice to trustees in relation to financial, tax and trust law positions of trusts under management under the supervision of the partners of the firm
- Preparation of IHT Returns for 10 years charges and exit charges
- Preparing for and attending regular trustees meetings and as necessary meetings with investment managers and other professionals
- Acting as a point of contact for trustees, beneficiaries and intermediaries
- Dealing with payments to beneficiaries, liaising with investment managers etc
- Registrations under the Trust Registration Service and other related matters as necessary.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes to the firm’s workload.
We are looking for either:
- A candidate with mainstream accounting background; a qualified accountant (AAT/ACA/ACCA) who has subsequently been working in a trust/tax environment and therefore has experience of trust compliance
- A candidate who is trained in trust/tax compliance and therefore has a good basic tax compliance knowledge but also has a thorough knowledge and understanding of trust accounting probably ATT/CTA or STEP qualified
- A solicitor/legal executive or an experienced trust manager who can demonstrate knowledge and experience of trust accounting
Meridian is one of the largest Private Client teams in the Midlands and recognised as one of the leading firms in this area. Much of our work involves highly specialised advice to individuals and trustees on international tax issues and cross-border issues. Experience in this area is desirable but full training would be given.
We offer flexible working arrangements and will consider candidates who are looking to work part-time. If you wish to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact one of our specialists today