Trust and Probate Disputes
Our contentious Trusts and Probate team is comprised of three experienced solicitors who are all members of the Association of Contentious Trust & Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and worked together as a team prior to joining Meridian. Unlike many litigation teams, our team only deals with trust and probate disputes and they are specialists in their field.
Disputes of this nature are often very personal and emotional and we can help bring a clear focus and objectivity. Our aim is to give a realistic appraisal whilst looking for a pragmatic and cost effective solution.
Some of the most common areas that we are asked to advise on include:
- challenging or defending the validity of a will
- bringing or defending a claim pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- bringing or defending a claim based on the doctrine of proprietary estoppel
- seeking to rectify a will
- removing executors, personal representatives and trustees
- resolving disputes between co-executors, executors and beneficiaries and between beneficiaries
- resolving trust disputes
- obtaining vacant possession of a deceased’s property or realising a deceased’s interest in a property
- bringing a claim for professional negligence in relation to an estate or trust issue
- dealing with a dispute relating to a power of attorney
For more information contact
Contact one of our specialists today